Saturday, May 6, 2017

Gunsmoke or the Mists of Time

My older brother took this picture. Who knew he was old enough to have been at Waterloo?

RHA battery in action.

Or perhaps  its photo of some of my Airfix figures taken in the early 70's?  It all seems so  long ago now That its hard to be precise about these things.

Meanwhile, in the present, I should be getting ready for Huzzah, playing another solo Rough Wooing game or honing my Portable  Wargame knowledge and scenarios but.......I need a break from all that.

Once I get the table cleared I think I'll  break out my 1/72 ACW "boys" and do something more traditional. Probably set up today  and play tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. That is a great photo. The later Airfix figures were quite good figures, especially the Waterloo RHA. The picture could pass as a reenactment group, the only giveaway (besides knowing the Airfix figures) are the bases. I'm wondering if he took the picture outside, as even the lighting looks like nature light. Hopefully you will have a full write up on your Airfix ACW game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a little hard to remember after 45 or so years but I'm pretty sure it was taken in the basement bedroom we shared. There may have been a floodlight involved.

      Delete
  2. Love the photograph, Ross! Delightfully atmospheric, Featherstonian, and all that.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be a bit too dioramic-ish for the Don but the next batch of old photo will included the WWII Airfix used to fight my first wargames using Don's Battles with Model Soldiers.

      Delete
  3. Excellent photo and brings back memories of my own Airfix RHA batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo and very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super shot of the RHA in action. Look forward to the ACW Game. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent picture! One of the charming things about the Airfix RHA crewmen was the particular fellow carrying the buckets. With his sword insinuating itself between his legs, you just know that with his next step he'll be arse over kite in the mud.

    The Airfix figure designer with a sense of humour...

    ReplyDelete