Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Sudden and Predictable Reversal.

I'm not quite sure why I suddenly thought that I was planning a major 40mm push into the Rifled Musket era. I was certainly thinking that when I set up the last game but as I cleared the table I was reminded that most of the troops on the table had been painted for either the smoothbore musket or breech loading rifle eras. Something was off.

Later yesterday evening I checked the latest post on Warfare in the Age of Steam and Steel  which was a link to a marvelous collection of early combat photographs. Yes! This was exactly what I had been planning to do. No idea why I forgot.  Whew. Saved in the nick of time.


This had been where I was headed.

So yes, on track, but for the 1880's and 1890's with "company" sized units.

Meanwhile here is a link to those pictures, both on land and at sea:




6 comments:

  1. That 4.7 gun has seen some service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking game...and fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great collection, many photos I've never seen before.

      Delete
  3. Well done for adroitly swerving in a dangerous incident of 'period drift' :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I identified the culprit yesterday, its the old Britain's claiming the rifle era for themselves and trying to claim exclusive right to the late 19thC. It appear my choice is between period drift and duplication of scale.

      Delete