Friday, March 11, 2016

Taking Stock

No, not a cattle raid, just a partial count and a glimpse of tomorrow's agenda

Broken Ground. Atlantica, yes but, where's the grid?
This morning I counted noses on the 40mm figures ready for duty. It got a bit tricky in parts, which figures waiting for repair still count and the Brethren are a little disorganized to say the least. I know I missed 3 sheep and a couple of mules etc and didn't count any cows or the figures getting ready for the auction block or fit to be melted down but close enough for my purposes. As I thought, with 40mm & 54mm,  lining them up makes them seem like more than they really are. So, the rough count:
Rough Wooing (16thC) 243 men, 48 horses, 4 guns
NQSYW (semiflat 18thC) 471 men, 96 horses, 8 guns, 2 limbers, pontoon wagon.
AWI 40 men & women (ish more civilians kept popping up)
1812/37 inc Red, Blue & Brethren 410 men, 43 horses, (guns borrowed from others)
Atlantica 1855-70  226 men, 54 horses, 8 guns, 3 early mg, 1 limber, 2 balloons + boats
Great War  100 men, 16 horses, 5 guns, 3 MG, 2 limbers, 1 mule, various vehicles

While I was at it I added the Elastolin Prince Valiant figures from the North Wall: 125 men & women, 30 horses, 6 centaurs. At the moment.

That comes to a total of roughly 1,600 men and women and 283 horses. Most have been  acquired by homecasting over the last 12 years after I decided to downsize from 54mm. (Now THEY knew how to fill up a shelf, they had 3 times the shelf space in my old room.)  Not sure I'll bother counting the smaller lads since they take up so little room.

More on the game on Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. That's not a bad number Ross in any mans language. I'm surprised that the brethren are so numerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These geurilla types always seem like more than they are. (Gave me a start when I reread that line, they only make up 100 of that total but it was easy to miss that so I've amended it. Ta)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It frightens me what the total would be after 45 years of painting if I didn't periodically re-home troops.

      Delete
  3. What a great image!
    I love the terrain setups you achieve with this cloth.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mighty host indeed.
    I agree with Cesar, that cloth looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 18 years agowhen I was preparing to host a game at cold Wars, it was just a remnent at fabricville. Its done good service over the years.

      Delete
    2. 18 years agowhen I was preparing to host a game at cold Wars, it was just a remnent at fabricville. Its done good service over the years.

      Delete