Thursday, August 27, 2015

Tramp, Tramp, Tramp

The boys are marching.
There's trouble ahead.
Time for a break. I took 10 minutes and laid the 4" grid on the table, laid out the terrain, chose armies that would fit the grid and then........decided not to use it for this game! To be fair, I'm going to be playing 10mm SYW Hearts of Tin on Saturday so figured an ACW HofT game might be a good refresher not to mention a test of a few tweaked rules.

Since I seem to be working my way through Scenarios for Wargames I figured I might as well go through and play them all in sequence. There are actually a few I have never played in the 30+ years that I've had the book so its about time. This one is #3.


And congestion in town.
So briefly, the 1st Division of the Army of the Avon, 3 brigades strong reinforced by a regiment of cavalry and 4 guns is blocking the road North. Kinch's Division of the Army of Acadia is pressing forward in haste with 4 brigades of infantry, a brigade of cavalry and 4 guns. Their orders are to take the pass and move on before dark.

Game tomorrow if all goes well, otherwise my practice game will follow the live one.

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff Ross. Good to see the boys taking the field again.

    I must say that is a good looking table. Wonderfully American.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, as a Canadian my first reaction to the last phrase was to bristle but then I remembered the context. Needs more woods and fences but its getting there.

      Delete
  2. Will be nice to see the follow up photos as the Battle progresses- Always love to see AIRFIX- ACW- well done ROSS. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the Airfix fencing - a stable of OS wargaming , Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first. They were part of the legacy of a departed comrade.

      Delete