Saturday, March 21, 2015

NQSYW Teaser: Rebel Assault

Its been over a year since my semiflat Prince August troops last saw action My Irish Grenadiers have never seen action. In May  Rob & I will be running two Not Quite The Seven Years War games at Huzzah in Maine  and its been a few months since our last remote game.

All that adds up to time for a remote NQSYW game!

The troops set up in accordance with the scenario. This is roughly the camera angle that Rob will see tomorrow when we connect with Google Hangout for the game.

The scenario is Forlorn Hope 2 from Scenarios for All Ages by Asquith & Young aka The Red Book. If all goes well there should be a report by Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Looks extremely promising!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what happens , Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should go up Tuesday afternoon. I got ambushed by snow buckling the roof of our woodshed.

      Delete
    2. Should go up Tuesday afternoon. I got ambushed by snow buckling the roof of our woodshed.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ross- Looking excellent- a Battle against Earthwork Redoubts- won't be easy on the Attackers. Looking forward to the commentary and photos of the Battle. I note that the Force is about 100 Figures on the Attacking side- and ALL singular bases....this gives me the impression that I shouldn't have much difficulty moving my Forces of about 120 Figures ( All single bases). I'm no where near this total yet - much painting to do in the mean time. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kev, yes I find 100 - 150 dingle figures easy enough for 1 person to handle. If they are all close order troops in ranks it gets a little tedious but one can always make movement trays if it becomes too tsdious.

      Delete
  4. Terrific fun!I really look forward to seeing what happens next in the game--
    I have been swithering about painting my prince August chaps as 18th Century Spanish to fight my semi-flat indians.I'm sort of thinking about the Spanish in Nebraska in 1720 for example- what do you think of the idea?
    Alan

    ReplyDelete