Saturday, July 5, 2014

Year Five

Well here we are, the 4th anniversary of my 'little incident'. There is no sign of an imminent repeat performance but in preparation for this day I have just added anemic to diabetic, vitamin B deficient  and heart attack survivor. Despite this, my good days are better and more frequent this year and I am excited about my wargaming and toy soldier plans for this year.

Theoeretically this is where I should present my plans for the year ahead but I did that in a post in April  and the only development is that I have decided that my glossy old style 40mm "imagi-nation" Atlantica games  will return to roots using Hearts of Tin with troops mounted on bases and not become a revisit of MacDuff's colonial engagements with the Emir of Wadi Foulyam.

Circa 1999. Faraway's Fort Henry Garrison Regiment on parade, holding themselves ready to defend against threatened Fenian raids. (54mm Soldierpac recasts based for Volley & Bayonet)

Its a little unsettling to see that the list of on going periods continues to shrink and that there is a shortage of exciting new sideshows to be abandoned unfinished but its also a little comforting.

2009. Faraway troops assaulting a Bretheran of the Coast stronghold.


5 comments:

  1. I am pleased there are more good days around for you.
    I look forward to following your gaming and plans into the year ahead .Not to mention being constantly entertained and inspired by them too.
    Best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete


  2. My most sincere compliments on your resilience - please bash on, young sir, we need you to continue to be upbeat and productive. Profound thoughts and navel-gazing are all most welcome - your blog continues to provide entertainment and mental stimulation in equal measure!

    Cheers - Tony


    Thanks Tony and my apologies for a fat finger triggering delete comment when I was attempting to hit approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent ladder assault in progress there! Keep going, Ross! I must say, given how tired your various ailments must make you feel, you're a dam' busy fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ross,
    All of the things you mention are treatable, fortunately! One of the items that often goes unmentioned is the power of a positive state of mind and one which can find happiness in many endeavours. Your commitment to the hobby obviously brings you much happiness and is, as Ben Franklin once said about hobbies " a stimulant to the mind and a lubricant to the body." While he might have been referring to his hobby of serial flirtations and affaires de couer, the idea of games of all sorts is a positive influence on how we live.

    And, did I mention, I too admire your toy collection - the miniatures are quite lovely.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete