Monday, January 4, 2010

COMING SOON TO COLD WARS

In 2007 the HAWKS with  Not Quite the Seven Years War (NQSYW) using Charge! by Lawford & Young and 40mm homecast semi-flat toy soldiers from Prince August and Meisterzinn, presented an adaptation of Pontoon, a River Crossing scenario from CS Grant's Scenarios for Wargames.

In 2008 we presented "BROKEN GROUND" from CS Grant's Programmed Scenarios.


In 2009 we presented Not Quite Lobositz based on the scenario
presented in CS Grant's Wargames Companion.

(I think this photo was taken by Norman Dean. Its obviously not by me since I can be seen in the background with my camera in my hand!)
COMING TO COLD WARS 2010: NOT QUITE THE RAID ON ST. MICHEL
We invite you to join us as we play all 5 scenarios from the mini-campaign Raid On St. Michel by CS Grant and P Olley.  (see http://www.librarything.com/work/9009311 )

3 comments:

  1. I must have been in bad shape in '08....I can't recall any incidents from the battle! '07 and '09 are both clear in my memory. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, OK. I hovered around what is the far end of the table in this shot; I recognize the set-up now...We have put on quite a few of these by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to post some pictures of the "Fontenoy" scenario (#1 in the Green book, I know I have a couple, but can't find them. There is also the Chance Encounter from the Red Book, 1st Appearance of MacDuff's Fusiliers and possibly the 1st of the NQSYW games to ba Grant scenario?
    Also the Important scenario from the Red Book. I've forgotten what year that was but no pictures. 7 or 8 games in the last 10 years?

    3 incidents from the '08 game stick out:

    A flank charge by cavalry vs infantry where the infantry commander ( A New York teacher who shall remain nameless :) saw the charge coming but then was intent on his own attack and when the time came, forgot to order his infantry to form square. True fog of war.

    A charge by grenadiers onto skirmishers. What are the evade rules came the question too late. "You have to stay outside pinning range and then write the order to fall back IF you think he MIGHT charge you this turn." oh.

    LAstly a confused melee bewteen opposing hussars and skirmishers around a gun. Don't even remember for sure if the Yellow Hussars took the gun but it was exciting.

    -Ross

    ReplyDelete